Thursday, December 6, 2007

-Hostess Here-

Hi Everyone-

Well it has been a busy couple of weeks and I'm sure for all of you as well! Something about the time from Thanksgiving to Christmas time just seems to pass so quickly, so many things to do and so little time!

I just wanted to check in and clarify what's going on with the knitalong, as you may be able to tell from the poll - Making this a yearly knitalong event won by a landslide! =) Which is great - because I'm really excited about this, it's going to be so much fun and I love having something to look forward to each fall!

There has been a lot of confusion however about the knitalong and new members so let me just try to clarify that here.

1) By popular request, we're extending the knitalong until the end of december.
2) That means that I will continue to add people until December 31st.
3) After Dec 31st, I will no longer be adding people until we start up again next fall (September 1, 2008)
4) If you or someone you know is making fingerless mitts or even thinking about making fingerless mitts and might want to join let them know to get in before that date (December 31st)
5) Now this is the important part -Once you're a member I encourage you to post mitts whenever you want. This means you can post in Dec or January or heck even July if you've just finished a pair =).

I want to keep encouraging you to post and hopefully this will help clarify some of the concerns people have had.

Either way, remember to add this blog to your rss feeder (bloglines, google, etc) so you can keep tabs on all the gorgeous work flying fast and furious around here. If you've already knit your share of mitts this year don't forget to come back again next September for another fingerless mitt knitting round - we'll be here! =)

Also, I'm still working out details on the contest so don't think I've forgotten and soon as I do I will put more info up here.

Happy knitting!
=) Keri

No comments: