Saturday, December 1, 2007

KYLA Mitts

I have finished my KYLA mitts, modified to be fingerless gloves instead of mitts and also modified for a slightly different gauge.


I used Lorna Laces Shepherd Sock yarn in Grapevine color along with 2.25 mm needles (two circulars). It's gauge was slightly finer than the Koigu sock yarn specified in the pattern.
The CO had five more stitches (than the pattern), the twisted rib cuff had 8 more stitches and the hand itself had four more stitches. The partial fingers were worked in a 1 x 1 twisted rib, similar to the cuff's rib.

I personally find the pattern's bobble cuff edge to be delightful (worth the fiddly-i-ness of working it).

I also acquired some Lorna Laces Shepherd Worsted Weight yarn in the same colorway for a matching hat (matching in color but not in pattern). Both the KYLA's and the hat-to-be will be Christmas gifts for my daughter -- who's hands and head are often pampered by handknits, like only a knitter's daughter can be.

No comments: