I finished my first fingerless mitts of the season on Saturday. My town museum is wonderful; it hosts a Knit-In twice a year. It's fun because there are a few different knitting groups in the area, and this is one of the few times when people from all the groups gather together. It's from 10-3, so who is there at any given time tends to change. This means that we all get to hang-out and knit with a variety of different people.
Here's my finished Dashing pre-blocking (truthfully, it probably won't be blocked since the owner is already wearing them!). I can't remember the yarn, but it's a 100% wool tonal blue yarn. I won't be making another Dashing. Cabling is not hard, but it wasn't worth it since the cables are so high up the arm that they'll be tucked away underneath shirt sleeves never to be seen! All future cabled mitts will have cabling on the back of the hands. A woman at knit day was kind enough as to model it for me as soon as I was done weaving in ends.
The knitting group also helped me decide which pattern to use for another pair of mitts that I am making for a friend. The yarn is di.ve Autuno, 100% merino. It's my favorite yarn. The yarn is very colorful, so I went with the Knitting at Knoon pattern. I made my first pair of fingerless mitts with a different color of this yarn last year, and they'd still be my favorite if I hadn't accidentally tossed one in the washing machine! They were just a pattern that I pulled together and based off a mitten pattern that I'd already used. I modeled the first one (I'm only 2/3 done with the second one), and they are for someone with larger hands, so the photo doesn't make them look too good. I love having small hands (I knit myself mittens quickly!), but it makes it hard to model other people's stuff.
Anyway, here's the photo of the unblocked mitt! Normally I'd crop in on the mitt itself, but I'm amused at my kitty's glowing eyes so I left them there.
I'm excited to have finally made my first post to the KAL blog :-)