Friday, November 16, 2007

Hello, I'm new here..

Here are my first attempts at fingerless mitts.
I didn't know they would be so addictive, everyone will be getting them for Christmas this year.



These are Fetchings in James C Brett acrylic on 4mm needles using magic loop.



This is Fetchings too but done on 3.75mm needles in plain knit stitch instead of adding purl. I didn't like the big spaces I got with the origional pattern. Knitted in Stylecraft aran, 80% acrylic, 20% wool as I wanted mitts I could throw in the washer and dryer. I prefer the pattern on these ones as it's knitted into a tighter fabric.

1 comment:

Nope said...

I admit it. I saw that photo and thought, "I wonder if that yarn is really as orgasmic as it looks!" The first photo makes it appear to be almost "opalescent" with very subtle rainbow-like pastel color changes. Is that true? Is it really?

I've never done magic loop