Monday, October 1, 2007

Fetching mitts....

Finally cast on Friday night...Fetching Mitts from Knitty. I am using some leftover Blue Sky Alpaca Dyed Cotton I had in Tomato. As soon as they were spotted by my friend's little girl, she requested a pair in purple. When I explained it may take me a few days, 'as soon as I finished this pair' she decided red was okay and could make do with these. It took some convincing, but she is going to wait for a purple pair. I love these #6 circulars, I originally purchased a pair of them to make the fingerless mitts from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. They have come in very handy since then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great fall color!

Bernadette said...

Yes, I love the color, too! How nice of you to knit a pair for your friend's daughter, too! I have finished one pair already for my niece:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_izBkNwCzKa0/RvZ4-Z79zxI/AAAAAAAAAF4/lLvi77llzi0/s1600-h/photos-002BLOG.jpg

I am planning to make several more as Christmas gifts, too. (Right now I have Dashing on the needles, for my husband.) The size 6 dpn's will get a lot of use this fall!