Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Hostess Here - Getting back up to speed....

(BTW - I'm going to try and make this "sticky" so it stays at the swap, until the sign ups close)

Whew what a weekend! =) For those of you who don't know, I went to SAFF (a fiber festival in asheville, NC) last weekend and it was quite busy. I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things and get caught up on all things knitalong.

So - if you were waiting on an invite, I just finished sending them out this morning. If you asked for one, and you haven't received it please check your junk email to make sure it didn't get routed there and then send me another email. My email addy is up on the sidebar under the welcome message.

And I didn't forget about the contest! =) I'll announce the winner tomorrow, they will be randomly picked. Thank you all for your wonderful pattern suggestions! =) I didn't quite realize how many there were going to be and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed getting them all up on the sidebar. Is there 1 or 2 people out there who would be able to help me? It doesn't really require much technical knowledge, I can show you how to add an item to the bar and it probably wouldn't take much time, perhaps an hour or two but it would help me out greatly and I would really appreciate it. Drop me an email if you're able to help and I'll pick the first 1-2 who contact me. Thanks so much! =)

Thanks all who voted in the poll too! I had a lot of fun watching the results, at one time it was about 50-50 to those interested in joining and those who just feel too busy right now. All of a sudden the numbers in those who want to participate just skyrocketed! =) I'm so happy to see you all are as excited about fingerless mitts as I am!

Anyhow, so I've decided to host the swap! I'd like to keep it small, to keep the group on track and easy to communicate with . My number one goal is to make sure that everyone has a great experience with the swap, I want to make sure that everyone receives a pair of mitts, has fun communicating with their pal and comes away with a great feeling from the swap.

Now here comes the detail part - you would knit a pair of mitts for your swap pal and they will knit a pair for you based on your pattern/color/style preferences. You would wrap these up in a package with a few other fall themed goodies and get them in the mail by the end of November. Now I realize that is only a month away and that might be a bit soon for some people based on your other commitments. I understand that life can happen and things you can't predict may occur, however if you don't feel you can reasonably get the package out by November please don't sign up. As I've said, I'm committed to having everyone have a good experience with this swap, I have been in other swaps in the past where people have bailed or forgotten about other swap members and that just isn't fair to anybody.

Now that I've scared you all - we'd love to have you join us in the swap! =) =) Email me (addy on the sidebar) and let me know you'd like to join. I'm going to be limiting the sign ups to about 16 people, so once we're full I'll post here.
(6 spots down, 10 to go!) =)

Thanks all for making this knitalong so much fun!
Happy fingerless knitting,
Your knitalong hostess, Keri

No comments: