Thursday, September 6, 2007

The beginning

I have had this yarn (Knitpicks Sierra a.k.a. Cadena) in my stash for a while now. I love the color (I am a big blue fan) and could not figure out what to use it for. Well I re-discovered it while I was stash diving and thought it was perfect. I dug out my stitch dictionary and found this stitch. I then added some ribbing and this is what I have.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket.

I have not decided what to do about the thumb. I really like to have a thumb and not just a slit, but will the yarn be to thick? I am using size 10 dpns. Maybe I could go down for just the gusset.......(thinking) = ).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your progress looks great so far - I'm impressed!

As far as the thumb slit goes, I think you might have room for the gusset, probably going down a needle size or two might help with the bulkiness.

Let us know how it goes! =)

Vanessa said...

Very pretty color and love the stitch. Cannot wait to see what you decide and how the finished product looks! I am not creative that way at all. I must have a pattern. I applaud you!