Thursday, September 20, 2007

Two for the road

The Breakfast at the Cafe Du Monde by Jennifer Lindsay for Hand Jive...knit from Hand Jive's Nature's Palette medium and dark indigo. I'm not doing the ribbon thing...I'm not that sweet!













These are Anne Hanson's Orchid Mitts. I changed the position of lace, fooled around with the weight of my yarn and crocheted on some beads top and botton. The main yarn is Blue Moon Fiber Arts' Foo Foo medium weight sock, and the trim is Rowan 4 Ply Soft #386. It's name is sewer or sludge, one of the seriously creepy names that the Rowen yarn namer is prone to on bad days....












Top detail












Bottom detail













I'm planning on three more pairs for the rest of my holiday gifts...but since I do work at my LYS a couple of days a week....the projects on needles is overwhelming me right now...

Diane

7 comments:

Hattie said...

I love those orchid lace ones. That is on my list of patterns to buy!

Vanessa said...

STR yarn is totally great! Love the colorway you have chosen. Love the fact that you added beads. Very pretty.
Have fun making more fingerless mitts!
Vanessa

Bernadette said...

These are lovely! The blue pair is wonderful with the dark blue edging at the wrist and fingertips, and the orchard mitts colorway and beading is gorgeous. (But what an ugly name for such a beautiful yarn... Someone must have been having a bad day! LOL)

Angelika said...

Those mitts are both too cool. I like the lacy accent, but it's not too overpowering. Very nice.

Brenda said...

Beautiful mitts! I have that Hand Jive pattern and some of the yarn, but I had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous mitts! I just love the details with the beaded edging - so creative and gorgeous!

Apple Pomegranate said...

The Breakfast at the Cafe Du Monde by Jennifer Lindsay for Hand Jive...

THOSE are the ones I'm going to make!!! wow, I'm in love