Thursday, September 20, 2007

One Skein Mitts

I just recently joined this KAL and have a pair of mitts to share. I made these for a friend who just recently lost her father to cancer. I figured if I can't hold her hand literally, I'll have to do so figuratively with some warm mitts.



I used less than one skein of Cascade 220 Heathers, and the pattern is called Unisex Gloves from One Skein by Leigh Radford. I made them tipless to be sure that they would fit her. I know they are not exactly fingerless, but I thought y'all would throw me a bone!

Up next, a pair of Dashings for a friend with really cold hands, and then maybe I get a pair of mitts for myself!

I blog over at Crossroad Knits, by the way.

2 comments:

Virtuous said...

That is SO endearing of you to knit up this mitts for her since you can't hold her hand!! I just melted when you said that!! I hope you put that in a card too!!!

Love them! Makes me want to go get that book...yep I think I am the last knitter on this earth that doesn't own that book! LOL

Can't wait to see your dashing too!

Anonymous said...

They are so beautiful and that is so thoughtful of you!