Saturday, September 8, 2007

First design by....me!

fingmitts1 043

So, I've been wanting to take a try at designing myself, and what is easier than fingerless mitts to start?! These are in no way perfect, and I plan to improve on them. For starts, the thumb could start a little higher, and the top could be a little shorter, but overall, I'm happy. It's almost like a sampler fingerless mitt pattern. There are so many little techniques that went into it. I did a simple cable ribbing for the cuff, afterthought thumb (not ambidextrous-it starts on the palm side), slanted cable, seed stitch, and regular 2x2 rib, AND I used two circulars (a first for me). Go me!

4 comments:

Connie said...

Great job at designing your first fingerless gloves. You did an awesome job!

nuttnbunny said...

Seriously, go you! I'm in for the KAL too. pretty please :-)

Anonymous said...

Yea You! That is wonderful, great job!

Hilary said...

That mitt rocks! I love the sideways cable.