Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Finger less for Princess

So I started a pair of fingerless for a little princess in my family. She is four. I casted on 3x12 stitches, it seemed so tiny and sweet. When I was finished it fitted me perfectly. Luckily I have several days before I have to send it and I still have the time to make one more. This was by the way my first real attempt at making cables. I thought I`d start simple and tried to vary the lenght between the crossing parts to make it interesting. I also offset the cable from the center. Simple yet effective. The new princess mitt got beads, `cause every little girl needs a little bling, and there is a fingerhole, my just didn`t have a thumb.
Both are made from Garnstudios Mirasol alpakka and for added warmth, a part of the price of the yarn goes to a school in Peru.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty - love the color and the cableing!

Unknown said...

Very pretty love the cables! I would like to join this kal. my email is mandy. knitster @ gmail. com my blog is http://knitster1.wordpress.com
thanks!