Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Pattern Ideas?

Hello everyone, this is my first post to this KAL. I'm working a pair of fingerless mitts which I'll post about in another post but I'm starting to plan my second pair. So... I thought I would ask:
What's everyone's favorite pattern for fingerless mitts using fingering weight (i.e. sock yarn) yarn? There is so much beautiful hand-dyed or handpainted sock yarn out there that fingerless mitts seem like the perfect project (besides socks) to showcase some of it.
Sally Melville's Purl book has a pattern called Elegant Gauntlets that are totally fingerless and call for Koigu KPPPM sock yarn. I made a shortened pair of those in black for my daughter to pull on when dressing for cold cross-country meets. It was a good, generic pattern.
Anyone else know of some fingering weight patterns? Please comment !

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I like Anne Hanson's patterns at Knitspot. I'm making the Delicato mitts, and I've made her cabled pattern also. She writes a very clear and good pattern. Both of those patterns are for fingering weight yarn.