Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Orchid Gauntlett


Here is the first Orchid Mitt....hot off the needles. I used much heavier yarn, Socks that Rock medium wieght - Foo Foo. I knit the cuff on 3s and switched to 2s for the lace pattern so it would flare out a bit. I also moved the thumb back over so I could see the lace when it was on my hand....I think I'll move it a few stitches more on the next glove. I also cut out a few rows of the top motif and out of the thumb to make up for the heavier yarn. I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'll probably crochet around the bottom...maybe the top too. I sell my soap at Farmer's Markets and winter is pretty brutal...even in California. Fingerless gloves are just the thing, as I can still count money....Oh yeah....this is my first ever blog post too!

Diane

7 comments:

Jan L said...

Beautiful job. I love the design and yarn. Also, good idea. I'll be doing a Columbus Day craft fair and think I'll wear mine then. Like you say, can still count money, LOL.

Vanessa said...

These came out very nice!

nuttnbunny said...

yay for first blog posts! Lovely mitts. Hope they serve well. Love your modifications. Well thought.

Angelika said...

The color and the pattern go together just perfect and you are right about the counting money thing. Don't want to waste time having to take those gloves off.

Linda said...

Your mitts are lovely! I love the color--I have some STR in that colorway too.

Anonymous said...

Great job for your first blog post!

The mitt is very pretty, I love the weight and color of yarn you used, it makes it a bit more substantial than the lace. Great job!

Hattie said...

These are soooo pretty.