Thursday, September 13, 2007

Newbie

Hi All--I just joined this KAL and am excited about seeing everyone's projects and finding new patterns! I have plans for at least 3 sets of fingerless gloves to make between now and Thanksgiving so hopefully this KAL will give me the motivation to get them done! 2 of those are gifts so I really need to get crackin'.

I thought I would post a pic of the first set of fingerless gloves that I finished (and this pattern is what I am
using for the gifted ones). It's the Lace-Up Fingerless Gloves from AlterKnits. Nothing fancy or patterned but just sturdy, warm, practical gloves with a bit of ribbon to make them more 'stylish'. It's a quick knit and the great thing is that since they are lace-up, the first 2/3 can be knit on straight (or circular) needles rather than double pointed ones! I love this pattern!

Thanks for letting me join and hopefully I'll be back with some WIP's soon!

2 comments:

alligator said...

I love the colors you used for these! They look so classy with blue/gray and the combination of tweed and ribbon.

Anonymous said...

that is so pretty - I've never seen anything like it with the lace-up!